Under the direction of the Corporate Controller, the Accounting Manager will oversee accounting policies and procedures and direct and coordinate the daily activities of the accounting staff to ensure timely and accurate recording of the expenditures, assets, and liabilities of the Company. This position is responsible for meeting deadlines and will direct a variety of accounting activities including but not limited to monthly close process, reconciliations and audit preparations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Maintain the general ledger (GL);
- Manage the monthly and quarterly close including preparation/review of journal entries, allocations and major account reconciliations including but not limited cash reconciliations, accrued liabilities, fixed assets and stockholders’ equity.
- Maintain organized set of detailed records and files to document and support financial transactions;
- Manage accounting and AP staff to ensure accurate recording of accounting transactions and reconciliation of GL and financial statement balances;
- Review GL on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting and account balances are accurate;
- Ensure compliance with company processes & procedures, SOX, and GAAP, etc.;
- Produce regular and ad hoc financial reports as needed;
- Manage and review payroll processing;
- Make and implement recommendations for continuous improvements of accounting processes and procedures;
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 10 years of increasingly responsible accounting and reporting experience, preferably in the biotech/medical device industry and at least 2 years’ management experience
- Excellent MS Office skills: Outlook, Word, and Power Point; advanced skills in Excel (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- High level of attention to detail, aptitude for planning and meeting multiple deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality over all finance, accounting, and payroll matters and information
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels of an organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset
- Experience with Netsuite
- SOX audit and compliance experience
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- 3+ years with a Big Four certified public accounting firm is highly preferred
- CPA license or MBA preferred, but not required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or related field and ten years of related experience, or 12-15 years of progressively responsible related experience, or a combination of education and experience.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. is a clinical-stage medical device company using a novel and proprietary platform technology called Nano-Pulse Electro-Signaling or NPS. NPS can be tuned to induce a variety of cellular responses including secretion, apoptosis and necrosis by modulating the NPS pulse parameters, making it applicable to a wide variety of cell types and therapeutic applications. One of the more promising applications of NPS is the treatment of solid tumors, where pre-clinical data has shown that NPS provides effective local tumor control and initiates an adaptive immune response with a vaccine-like effect by inducing immunogenic apoptosis of the cells.
Send resume to: Careers@pulsebiosciences.com