Accounting Manager/Sr. Accountant
Under the direction of the Controller, the Accounting Manager will oversee accounting functions including GL, journal entries, and other designated tasks. This position is responsible for meeting deadlines and will direct a variety of accounting activities including but not limited to monthly close process, reconciliations and audit preparations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the general ledger of the company
- Manage the monthly close process, including preparation/review of journal entries, allocations and account reconciliations
- Manage accruals, including clinical trial and other R&D accruals
- Act as the Stock Administrator and record all stock-based compensation expense for stock options, restricted stocks and warrants
- Assist with the preparation and completion of forms 8-K, 10-Qs, and 10-K
- Prepare and review audit support schedules
- Produce monthly financial reporting for the executive team on a timely basis
- Make and implement recommendations to improve accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure SOX compliance by monitoring accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Provide technical accounting expertise and knowledge
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, open communication, collaboration, integration and teamwork
- Performs other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or equivalent experience
- Big 4 CPA experience
- 5+ years accounting and reporting experience in public companies
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and experience with SEC Regulations
- Previous experience with mid-sized ERP systems, i.e. NetSuite
- Computer literacy required, with the ability to navigate computer systems with little or no assistance. Proficiency in MS Office specifically with Outlook, Word, Excel (moderate/advanced) and PowerPoint
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work in time sensitive situations to meet deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), organizational and project planning skills. Must have ability to effectively work and communicate with all levels of employees throughout the company. Should be customer service driven and have positive outlook.
- Ability to self-motivate and function independently, driven towards superior effort and performance, and the desire to work in a very dynamic environment
- Collaborative and team-oriented.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. is an immuno-oncology company developing a proprietary oncolytic electroceutical therapy based on its Nano Pulse Stimulation (NPS) platform. Preclinical studies using NPS on solid tumors in murine models has demonstrated that NPS enables effective local tumor control and initiates an adaptive immune response with a vaccine-like effect by inducing immunogenic cell death.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. (PLSE, Nasdaq) corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, CA.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.