Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for developing analog and digital circuits and embedded systems to generate, monitor, and control fast (10ns to 500ns), high-voltage (1kV-20kV) pulses for medical applications. The position will take concepts from early prototypes to volume production, work closely with a multi-disciplinary team for system integration, and manage vendors/contract manufacturers. You will play a critical role in an early-stage startup environment with a small R&D team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, document, and test analog circuits, embedded control, and sensors for high-voltage nanosecond-pulse generators.
- Ensure a smooth transition of new products from white board to compliance certification and into manufacturing.
- Coordinate projects with cross-functional teams following Design Control processes, including creating requirements/specifications, design documentation, test protocols / reports, and assembly instructions, etc.
- Exhibit a great attitude as a team player who excels in a demanding start-up environment.
- Understand and work within the company’s Quality Policy and Quality System requirements as related to product development.
- Extensive analog and high-speed circuit and systems design expertise. Experience in development of high-voltage RF or fast-pulse systems is a plus.
- Experience with design and testing of high-frequency active and passive circuits and analog signal conditioning, transmission lines and lumped filters, impedance matching, and design for EMC.
- Demonstrated ability with ECAD and simulation applications, such as OrCAD, Altium, Eagle, SPICE, ADS, Sonnet, Microwave Office, etc.
- Background in MCU firmware development for data acquisition and control is a big plus.
- String preference for candidates with previous experience in regulated industries (medical, industrial, automotive, etc), interaction with safety or EMC compliance labs, and product verification and validation.
- Strong work ethic with a team-oriented mindset. Capable of working independently.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills. This position will be expected to make presentations to other engineers and management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BS or MS in electrical engineering required. Position requires a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience. Startup experience a plus.
Pulse Biosciences is a novel medical therapy company bringing to market its proprietary CellFX™ Nano-Pulse Stimulation™ (NPS™) platform. The Company’s CellFX NPS platform provides a novel, precise, non-thermal, treatment technology delivering nanosecond duration energy pulses that impact cells in treated tissue while sparing acellular tissue. NPS’s unique mechanism of action disrupts the functions of internal cell structures while maintaining the outer cell membrane initiating a cascade of events within the cell that results in regulated cell death. The novel characteristics of the Company’s NPS mechanism of action has the potential to significantly benefit patients across multiple medical applications, including dermatology, the Company’s first planned commercial application. In pre-clinical studies, NPS has demonstrated an ability to induce immunogenic cell death in several cancer cell lines. The Company believes its NPS platform may play a role in immuno-oncology as a focal tumor treatment that can initiate an adaptive immune response. More information can be found at www.pulsebiosciences.com.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. (PLSE, Nasdaq) corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, CA.
Send resume to: email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.