Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for specifying and developing novel software to control a medical device using high-voltage treatment pulses. Responsibilities include developing software from concept through controlled production release. You will play a critical role in an early-stage startup environment with a small R&D team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Specify, develop, and test software applications for an exciting and novel medical device in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Determine requirements from external and internal customers and write requirements documents.
- Produce high quality designs which satisfy requirements, including ISO/IEC and FDA regulations.
- Work with other engineering, manufacturing, clinical affairs, sales and marketing, and quality assurance staff to coordinate development and testing of new products.
- Exhibit a great attitude as a team player who excels in a demanding start-up environment.
- Understand the company’s quality policy and quality system requirements applicable to tasks.
- Comply with company policies/procedures.
The candidate will be responsible for applications that interact with the clinical user. securely communicate with cloud services and wireless devices (BT, NFC, WiFi, etc.), and interact with the real-time system controller. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Extensive previous experience developing secure networked user-facing applications using C/C++/STL on BSD or Linux operating systems using x86 and Arm CPU platforms.
- Strong preference for candidates with Qt and QNX experience.
- Should have experience developing applications for safety-critical regulated industries (medical, industrial, automotive, aviation, etc.)
- Experience with several source code control & defect tracking applications (Git, Jira, Bugzilla, DevTrack, etc.)
- Experience with Visual Studio C#/.NET (or Mono on Linux) programming a plus for support/test code.
- Previous experience transitioning released software to manufacturing and subsequent support.
- Strong work ethic with a team-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS with 7+ years of experience developing software in the al device industry. Startup experience a big plus.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. is an immuno-oncology company developing a proprietary oncolytic electroceutical therapy based on its Nano Pulse Stimulation (NPS) platform. Preclinical studies using NPS on solid tumors in murine models has demonstrated that NPS enables effective local tumor control and initiates an adaptive immune response with a vaccine-like effect by inducing immunogenic cell death.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. (PLSE, Nasdaq) corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, CA.