Pulse Biosciences Inc. is seeking for an Accounts Payable Accountant who will be responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable function and will drive accuracy, timeliness, and integrity of financial data in daily operations of the AP function, as well as in the monthly close process. Additionally, this role will also help maintain and improve policies surrounding accounts payable and will interact with Purchasing and all internal purchasers for invoice approvals, as well as with Finance for G/L account and department coding. This role also maintains relationships with vendors to resolve discrepancies and disputes and reports directly to the Corporate Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform full cycle accounts payable processes in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Process vendor invoices for three-way matching of tangible goods invoices; obtain proper payment approval
- Record invoices to the proper accounting periods in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles
- Interact with Finance to ensure proper GL coding of invoices and expenses with proper documentation and approval
- Work closely with Purchasing team to resolve invoice/PO discrepancies
- Monitor the Accounts Payable inbox to ensure that all invoices and other vendor communication are properly addressed
- Prepare and perform weekly ad-hoc check runs and electronic payments
- Perform the accounts payable monthly close process including preparing accrual journal entries, account reconciliations reports and reconciliations
- Manage annual 1099 reporting
- Maintain effective accounts payable policies, procedures and internal controls
- Assist with financial and tax audits as needed
- Administration of the Corporate Credit Card and T&E system
- Proactively identify and assist with process improvements
- Assist with other ad-hoc requests and duties as assigned
EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or equivalent experience
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with at least 5 years of relevant work experience in an accounts payable function (experience in the biotech or med device a plus)
- Intermediate Excel skills while proficient in other Microsoft tools (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) required and experience with NetSuite a plus
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment
Pulse Biosciences is a novel medical therapy company bringing to market its proprietary CellFX™ Nano-Pulse Stimulation™ (NPS™) platform. The Company’s CellFX NPS platform provides a novel, precise, non-thermal, treatment technology delivering nanosecond duration energy pulses that impact cells in treated tissue while sparing acellular tissue. NPS’s unique mechanism of action disrupts the functions of internal cell structures while maintaining the outer cell membrane initiating a cascade of events within the cell that results in regulated cell death. The novel characteristics of the Company’s NPS mechanism of action has the potential to significantly benefit patients across multiple medical applications, including dermatology, the Company’s first planned commercial application. In pre-clinical studies, NPS has demonstrated an ability to induce immunogenic cell death in several cancer cell lines. The Company believes its NPS platform may play a role in immuno-oncology as a focal tumor treatment that can initiate an adaptive immune response. More information can be found at www.pulsebiosciences.com.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. (PLSE, Nasdaq) corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, CA.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.