Associate Research Scientist
Under the direction of the Sr. Director I/O Research, conduct in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical research to optimize the stimulation of the immune system using the Nano-Pulse Stimulation Platform. Conduct additional pre-clinical research where the data indicates further research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Conducting in vitro biological techniques, including cell culture and bioassays (i.e. ELISA, Flow Cytometry);
- In vivo skills such as handling and treating rodents, tissue sampling, ex vivo post processing of tissues;
- Conducting survival surgeries on rodents for internal tumor treatments;
- Design experiments using syngeneic mouse tumor models to optimize the stimulation of the immune system;
- Review and provide assessments/analysis of scientific studies;
- Lead role for studies, training, and other projects as needed;
- Interacting with other functions with interdepartmental projects, project planning, etc.;
- Give presentations as required;
- Working closely in teams executing protocols.
Qualifications and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS w/ 10 years, MS w/ 5 years or PhD w/ 3 years of experience in biological science required;
- Five years of relevant experience in medical device, biotech, biomedical, life sciences field; industry experience is highly desirable;
- Extensive experience generating and treating tumors in vivo in rodents, including survival surgical experience;
- Experience with sterile technique, cell culture, standard cellular/molecular biological techniques;
- Understanding, planning, coordinating and conducting complex research studies;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; experience with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.