Associate Research Scientist
Under the direction of the Sr. Director I/O Research, conduct in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical research to optimize the stimulation of the immune system using the Nano-Pulse Stimulation Platform. Conduct additional pre-clinical research where the data indicates further research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- In vivo skills such as handling and treating rodents, tissue sampling, ex vivo post processing of tissues;
- Conducting survival surgeries on rodents for internal tumor treatments;
- Design experiments using syngeneic mouse tumor models to optimize the stimulation of the immune system;
- Conducting in vitro biological techniques, including cell culture and bioassays (i.e. ELISA, Multi-color Flow Cytometry);
- Has broad understanding and in-depth hands-on experience in evaluating dermatological treatment technologies using in vivo rodent models
- Has experience to conduct histological analysis of tissues using conventional bright-field microscopy and image analysis of histological slides using electronic slide scanning
- Review and provide assessments/analysis of scientific studies;
- Lead role for studies, training, and other projects as needed;
- Interacting with other functions with interdepartmental projects, project planning, etc.;
- Give presentations as required;
- Working closely in teams executing protocols.
Qualifications and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- PhD highly desirable, BS w/ 10 years, MS w/ 5 years or PhD w/ 3 years of experience in biological science required ;
- Five years of relevant experience in medical device, biotech, biomedical, life sciences field; industry experience is highly desirable;
- Extensive experience generating and treating tumors in vivo in rodents, including survival surgical experience;
- Flow cytometry experience in panel design, tissue processing, machine operation and analysis
- Experience with sterile technique, cell culture, standard cellular/molecular biological techniques;
- Must have experience in planning, understanding, coordinating and running studies independently
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; experience with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment.