The Buyer / Planner will be responsible for executing the build plan with purchasing to support Production & Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage purchasing for parts and services to support Production, Engineering, Biology, Sales & Marketing.
- Monitor build plan and inventory levels internally and at our contract manufacturer site to support production.
- Create and manage work orders to support the build plan.
- Prepare and present inventory, and supply reports to management.
- Track and manage supplier delivery schedules and resolves supply issues.
- Prioritize supply requirements, adjust for ECOs, and schedule changes.
- Assist in identifying and resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Manage inventory levels to set and maintain safety stocks and lead times.
- Identify alternate sources for components with better cost/quality/delivery.
- Request quotes; negotiate purchase terms, delivery schedules, and performance measurement with suppliers.
- Prepare and enter PO in NetSuite ERP System for confirmed orders.
- Obtain internal approvals; document and communicate PO changes to suppliers.
- Follow-up, track, and expedite goods/services purchases to meet production schedules.
- Provide input and assists in the implementation of efficiency improvements in all purchasing functions.
- Reviews and assists in revising procedures related to purchasing activities to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Work with Finance on resolving/reconciling AP/Receiving issues.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of related industry experience in a medical device manufacturing environment.
- Experience working within a rigorous, quality control environment such as FDA cGMP/QSR or ISO.
- A strong team player with the demonstrated abilities and willingness to wear “multiple hats”, to perform a wide range of tasks (from menial to analytical) within a dynamic environment, and to support overall goals established for the area.
- Experienced with software-based inventory management systems- specific experience with NetSuite ERP software a plus.