The Buyer / Planner will be responsible for executing the build plan with purchasing to support Production & Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage purchasing for parts and services to support Production, Engineering, Biology, Sales & Marketing.
- Monitor build plan and inventory levels internally and at our contract manufacturer site to support production.
- Create and manage work orders to support the build plan.
- Prepare and present inventory, and supply reports to management.
- Track and manage supplier delivery schedules and resolves supply issues.
- Prioritize supply requirements, adjust for ECOs, and schedule changes.
- Assist in identifying and resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Manage inventory levels to set and maintain safety stocks and lead times.
- Identify alternate sources for components with better cost/quality/delivery.
- Request quotes; negotiate purchase terms, delivery schedules, and performance measurement with suppliers.
- Prepare and enter PO in NetSuite ERP System for confirmed orders.
- Obtain internal approvals; document and communicate PO changes to suppliers.
- Follow-up, track, and expedite goods/services purchases to meet production schedules.
- Provide input and assists in the implementation of efficiency improvements in all purchasing functions.
- Reviews and assists in revising procedures related to purchasing activities to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Work with Finance on resolving/reconciling AP/Receiving issues.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of related industry experience in a medical device manufacturing environment.
- Experience working within a rigorous, quality control environment such as FDA cGMP/QSR or ISO.
- A strong team player with the demonstrated abilities and willingness to wear “multiple hats”, to perform a wide range of tasks (from menial to analytical) within a dynamic environment, and to support overall goals established for the area.
- Experienced with software-based inventory management systems- specific experience with NetSuite ERP software a plus.
Send resume to: email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.