PURPOSE OF JOB:
Provide leadership for all financial operations of the Company. Ensure that the Company has excellent systems and procedures in support of accurate and timely financial reporting requirements.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hire, train and supervise financial operations staff. Manage AP/AR, Payroll, GL, Cash, and financial reporting functions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems that support the Company’s goals and reporting requirements.
- Develop detailed financial, cost, budget and accounting reports for management review. Analyze and interpret operating results from a financial perspective. Develop financial reports needed to implement business plans and allocate funds.
- Manage the month end close process including review of GL entries, monthly account reconciliations and analysis of budget-to-actual fluctuations to ensure accuracy of financial results.
- Manage fixed asset process, including asset acquisition and disposal, and related depreciation and amortization schedules.
- Manage stock option administration. Focal point for audit preparation and support of auditors.
- Develop and maintain policies to ensure accurate accounting, financial reporting and reliable internal controls; ensure financial integrity through strong controls.
- Create, revise and/or reengineer accounting procedures to streamline reporting activities and to improve and validate accurate reporting.
- Advise senior management regarding financial objectives and fiscal policies of the Company.
- All work completed shall be in compliance with the FDA and international CE device regulations and company quality assurance procedures.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors degree in business or equivalent experience required. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of 10 years of related experience (preferably in the medical device industry) is required. Must additionally have at least three years of management experience.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is required. NetSuite, extensive Excel, and MS Access skills strongly preferred.