The Director of FP&A plays a key management role within the business and will act in both an operational and strategic manner with constant awareness of assumptions and performance issues that affect financial operations and forecasts. The FP&A Director will be contributing to the company’s strategic growth at a high level, yet will dig into the details of the finance results and modeling. Collaborating with the SVP/CFO and other executives on a daily basis, the Director of FP&A will work closely to deliver monthly briefings to the SVP/ CFO, perform thorough analysis of the key drivers of the business, maintain forecast models and drive the annual budget process for the business. The successful candidate will have strong technical and presentation skills, and experience with leading edge planning. The most successful candidates have thrived in environments with advanced ERP and CRM systems, and understand the power of leveraging these systems as the company scales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage budgeting and forecasting of financial results, business metrics, and cash flow
- Participate in strategic planning and prepare long-term financial modeling
- Perform and communicate analysis of:
- Historical financial results forecasts
- Periodic sales and order results (volume price mix analysis)
- Cash flow results - forecasts
- Performance metrics - forecasts
- Prospective projects and investments
- Identify and communicate opportunities for revenue expansion, cost reduction, improved profit margins, and cash flow and asset management
- Derive business insight and knowledge from large and complex datasets
- Analyze and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) covering all financial economic aspects of payments - transaction volume, revenue, payment mix trends, vendor metrics, pricing analysis, cost analysis, organic vs. net new growth, etc.
- Develop scenario analyses in collaboration with the CEO and CFO
- Develop and implement a process that provides “actionable insights” on actual vs. budgeted financial and operational information; articulate why the business is performing as it is
- Establish standard operating procedures and work instructions for FP&A activities and keep them aligned with company goals
- Recommend enhancements to the ERP system and how transactions are processed to ensure optimal access to financial data
- Oversee the Order Management function to assure efficient order fulfillment practices and correct capture of sales transaction data
- Communicate cross-functionally to understand the FP&A needs of the management team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field required. Master’s degree/MBA/CPA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in finance and accounting with increasing in responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in building and/or significantly enhancing an FP&A function
- Strong technical and practical understanding of GAAP, accounting information systems, tax planning/compliance, equity transactions, and debt facilities
- Public company experience
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in companies with electromechanical system product development
- Regulated medical device environment experience is a plus
- Experience in:
- managing and optimizing high-end ERP information systems (Oracle helpful), other accounting/finance applications, and CRMs (Salesforce.com helpful)
- strategic planning
- financial planning and analysis
- leading budgeting and forecast processes
- financial reporting
- tax planning
- cash management processes
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated commercial acumen and business judgment
- Demonstrates a high-energy level, a sense of urgency, responsiveness, client-service mentality, and low-ego/high-EQ.
- Proven ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced constantly evolving environment.
- Excellent cross function communication and teamwork skills
Pulse Biosciences is a novel medical therapy company bringing to market its proprietary CellFX™ Nano-Pulse Stimulation™ (NPS™) platform. The Company’s CellFX NPS platform provides a novel, precise, non-thermal, treatment technology delivering nanosecond duration energy pulses that impact cells in treated tissue while sparing acellular tissue. NPS’s unique mechanism of action disrupts the functions of internal cell structures while maintaining the outer cell membrane initiating a cascade of events within the cell that results in regulated cell death. The novel characteristics of the Company’s NPS mechanism of action has the potential to significantly benefit patients across multiple medical applications, including dermatology, the Company’s first planned commercial application. In pre-clinical studies, NPS has demonstrated an ability to induce immunogenic cell death in several cancer cell lines. The Company believes its NPS platform may play a role in immuno-oncology as a focal tumor treatment that can initiate an adaptive immune response. More information can be found at www.pulsebiosciences.com.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. (PLSE, Nasdaq) corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, CA.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.