Human Resources Generalist
The HR Generalist will serve as a partner to the business by developing, implementing, and executing dynamic HR Programs. He/she will be responsible for HR duties, including participating in various aspects of onboarding, offboarding, benefits and compensation administration, HRIS management, performance management, training, and other tasks in support of the department. As a trusted partner, this individual will coach managers and employees in areas of career development, employee relations, and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide front-line customer service to employees and managers regarding benefits, policies, procedures, and other related HR programs.
- Responsible for the onboarding and offboarding of employees, coordinating new hire and exit paperwork and ensuring a smooth transition into and out of the organization.
- Process paperwork as appropriate to ensure personnel and payroll records are complete. Provide back-up support to payroll as needed.
- Work with HR management to administer benefit programs to attract and retain talent. Support open enrollment, research benefit problems, and reconcile monthly bills.
- Optimize use of, maintain and pull reports in HRIS system, suggest improvements, and administer all functions of the system.
- Partner with Accounting and Finance to administer the stock option and employee stock purchase plans.
- Manage the effective administration of all personnel leave (i.e. FMLA, STD, LTD, ADA, etc.) in accordance with federal, local and state law.
- Manage worker’s compensation claims process and participate in activities in support of maintaining a safe work environment for all employees.
- Maintain accurate personnel files for current and terminated employees in accordance with Federal and State laws.
- Support activities related to the performance management process.
- Assist with employee relations issues and escalate as needed.
- Suggest procedures, files, records, and follow-up systems to ensure administrative processes are managed in a well-organized and timely manner.
- May research, monitor, or prepare semi-routine reports or analyses, summarize findings, and make recommendations, to solve administrative problems.
- Provide back-up support for recruiting activities such maintaining the job posting system, preparing offer letters, setting up interview schedules, processing background check, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources related experience.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a biotechnology, life science, or other regulated industry preferred.
- HRIS software systems experience is required.
- PHR certified, preferred.
Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements
- Knowledge of HR program, process and employment law and regulations.
- Ability to work conscientiously and with minimal direction, using good judgment, taking initiative to accomplish short and long-range projects, and recommend actions with minimal direction.
- Ability to work as a team member, multi-task and be very flexible to adapt to the ever-changing work priorities and requirements of a dynamic, fast growing company.
- Ability to handle confidential information, maintaining high levels of integrity and discretion.
- Must have a supportive, approachable style, enjoy contact with employees and external contacts at all levels, have the ability to engage people in conversations and good listening skills.
- Ability to analyze issues, determine causes of problems, identify, and implement solutions.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required. Understanding of web-based Human Resources applications preferred.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds.