Manager, Human Resources
The Human Resources Manager plays a key role in planning, organizing, and executing HR programs. Responsibilities will include a wide variety of HR related duties including talent acquisition, compensation, employee engagement, performance management, employee retention and development, employee relations, and other HR functions as required. S/he will be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization with a passion for developing programs and strategies that support the employee and business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and cultivate strong partnerships with management to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution to ensure a high-performing, engaged workforce.
- Manage full cycle recruiting process to attract, recruit, assess and hire top talent into the organization.
- Manage the processes for requisition and approvals, job description development, and employee focused communications.
- Provide oversight for compensation related activities including industry benchmarking data, pay grade leveling and overall support to ensure the Company’s pay practices are competitive.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand the needs of the business.
- Coach hiring managers and interview teams on best practice interviewing and recruiting as well as other training needs.
- Advise, guide and coach leaders at all levels within the Company to navigate the complexities of managing teams, managing career development, developing a high-performance culture, providing conflict resolution strategies, etc.
- Work with managers and employees to address people relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Collaborate in the design and implementation of HR programs including.
- Provide metrics and insights to develop and support executive and Board updates and talent review processes.
- Research, monitor, maintain and prepare semi-routine reports or analyses, summarize findings, and make recommendations, to solve administrative problems.
- Conduct new employee orientations and oversee onboarding program for all regular employees, temporary staff, and contractors.
- Maintain, review, and analyze employee data in ATS and HRIS ensuring data integrity.
- Support activities related to performance reviews, promotions, workforce planning and talent calibration.
- Support benefits plans, annual benefits open enrollment, and employee benefits questions.
- Develop, implement, and maintain required compliance reporting.
- Act as liaison with Workers Compensation insurer to manage all workers compensation claims to closure
- Support other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of HR experience in roles of increasing complexity and scope or combination of education and experience.
- Current HR industry certification (e.g. PHR, SPHR, etc.) a plus.
- Experience in recruiting, headcount planning, sourcing, interviewing, and closing candidates required.
- Experience with ATS and HRIS systems preferably ADP Workforce Now.
- Experience in public medical device, biotech, pharma companies with international presence a plus.
Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements
- Ability to provide strong consultative skills to managers and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficient knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office Suite applications. Understanding of web-based Human Resources applications preferred.
- Knowledge of HR program, process and employment law and regulations.Proven experience in recruiting in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple open requisitions and work with all hiring managers at all levels in a results-driven environment with competing demands.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
- Experience handling sensitive employee relations matters with tact and diplomacy. Well-versed in HR compliance, legislation, and best practices.
- Exceptional communication, customer service skills, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work conscientiously and with minimal direction, using good judgment, taking initiative to accomplish short and long-range projects, and recommend actions with minimal direction.
- Ability to work as a team member, multi-task and be very flexible to adapt to the ever-changing work priorities and requirements of a dynamic, fast growing company.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds.