Logistics & Inventory Specialist
The Logistics & Inventory Specialist is responsible for shipping and inventory control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the orderly physical handling, required packaging, and safe movement of intermediate and finished products.
- Responsible for planning with shipping companies to create accurate and timely order fulfillment
- Enter inventory transactions into the company’s ERP system related to the shipment of materials and products.
- Interface with Customer Service, Sales, and Finance on fulfillment and tracking of sales orders.
- Manage logistics suppliers and utilize on-site shipping software systems (FedEx PowerShip or equivalent).
- Coordinate with Quality to ensure that final inspections are performed in a timely manner prior to receipt into storerooms or final shipment to customers.
- Assist with transaction history investigations.
- Provide accurate shipment documentation such as commercial invoices, bills of lading, shipper’s export declarations, shippers’ letters of instruction, dangerous goods declarations, and any other transportation related documentation.
- Prepare sterilization shipments and include proper documentation.
- Responsible for the orderly physical storage and accurate documentation of inventory within the company’s inventory storerooms - including RM (raw materials), FG (finished goods), MRB (material review), and RMA (returned goods) locations.
- Enter inventory transactions as required into the company’s ERP systems to accurately record the movement of materials within the company and between storerooms.
- Assist with Work Order kitting and tracking.
- Perform periodic physical inventories and/or maintenance of a cycle count program to ensure inventory accuracy and reporting.
- Maintain Pre & Post sterilization inventory locations.
- Responsible for maintaining the neat and orderly appearance of the company’s inventory storage and warehouse areas.
- Provides input and assists in the implementation of efficiency improvements in all warehouse functions.
- Reviews and assists in revising procedures related to warehouse activities to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Responsible for providing support to company employees pertaining to the movement of production and non-production related materials. This includes aiding in shipping and receiving all related requests.
- Work with Finance on resolving/reconciling AP/Receiving issues and AR/Shipping issues.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years in inventory control and shipping.
- 3+ years' experience with UPS/Fedex shipping.
- Ability to work with 3rd party shippers.
- Experience in an FDA/ISO regulated environment or equivalent.
- Ability to work on a team in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational skills and adherence to inventory protocols.
- Experience with an ERP system like Netsuite.