Privacy Notice to California Residents
Effective Date: December 10, 2020
If you are a California resident, California law provides you with certain privacy rights. As of January 1, 2020, pursuant to California Civil Code 1798.100 et seq., the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents have the following rights:
Your Right to Access Specific Information and Data Portability
You may request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information in the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your personal information request, we will disclose to you up to the limits permitted under applicable law:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information; and
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists identifying: (a) the categories of your personal information collected and sold, if applicable, and the categories of the third parties to whom the data was sold; and (b) the categories of your personal information that was disclosed for business purposes.
Your Right to Request Deletion
You may request that we delete any of the personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. We may deny your request if the information that you are requesting that we delete relates to your past, current or prospective employment with Pulse Biosciences, including but not limited to information necessary to administer Pulse Biosciences’ employee benefits programs.
We may also deny your request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide goods or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with California Penal Code Section 1546 et seq. (the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Your Right to Opt-Out
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to opt out of the disclosure of your personal information by Pulse Biosciences to third parties for those third parties' direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to it. If this Privacy Notice to California Residents were to change, you can opt-out of such disclosures by sending us an email email@example.com or writing to us at the mailing address provided below.
We do not sell personal information to third parties and have not knowingly sold any Personal Information of California Consumers in the past 12 months. If that should change, subject to certain limitations and notice, you will have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
To exercise any of the CCPA rights described above, please submit a verifiable personal information request to us by either emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the mailing address provided below.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may submit a personal information request. If you elect to use an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, Pulse Biosciences may require additional information from the authorized agent.
You may only submit two personal information requests within a 12-month period. The verifiable personal information request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Response Timing and Format: We endeavor to respond to a personal information request within 45 days of our receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by email or mail, at your option. If provided electronically, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is in a portable and readily useable format. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your personal information request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Your Right to Non-Discrimination: Unless permitted or required by law, if you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services, or a different level or quality of goods or services.
At this time, Pulse Biosciences does not offer any different rates for goods or services based on your decision to opt-out of certain information sharing. If that changes in the future, Pulse Biosciences will disclose the financial terms of the revised rates.
All inquiries should be directed to email@example.com or:
Pulse Biosciences, Inc.
Attn: Privacy / Legal
3957 Point Eden Way
Hayward, California 94545