Under the direction of the Sr. Director I/O Research, conduct in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical research to optimize the stimulation of the immune system using the Nano-Pulse Stimulation Platform. Conduct additional pre-clinical research where the data indicates further research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Conducting in vitro biological techniques, including cell culture and bioassays (i.e. ELISA, Flow Cytometry);
- In vivo skills such as handling and treating rodents, tissue sampling, ex vivo post processing of tissues;
- Conducting survival surgeries on rodents for internal tumor treatments;
- Design experiments using syngeneic mouse tumor models to optimize the stimulation of the immune system;
- Review and provide assessments/analysis of scientific studies;
- Lead role for studies, training, and other projects as needed;
- Interacting with other functions with interdepartmental projects, project planning, etc.;
- Give presentations as required;
- Working closely in teams executing protocols.
Qualifications and Education:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS w/ 10 years, MS w/ 5 years or PhD w/ 3 years of experience in biological science required;
- Five years of relevant experience in medical device, biotech, biomedical, life sciences field; industry experience is highly desirable;
- Extensive experience generating and treating tumors in vivo in rodents, including survival surgical experience;
- Experience with sterile technique, cell culture, standard cellular/molecular biological techniques;
- Understanding, planning, coordinating and conducting complex research studies;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; experience with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment.