Senior Manager - Technical Accounting, Compliance, and SEC Reporting
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the incumbent in this position will be responsible for all aspects of SEC reporting, technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards and complex accounting transactions, SOX compliance efforts, coordination and review of quarterly tax provisions, and preparation for, and interaction with, internal and external auditors, as well as tax consultants. This position also contributes significantly to the quarterly close process, federal and state tax returns and special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform technical accounting research as needed and prepare memos documenting conclusions and proper accounting treatment. Interact with external auditors with respect to accounting conclusions reached.
- Maintain external reporting calendar, including scheduling and coordination of independent auditors, internal auditors for SOX compliance, and tax advisors.
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Prepare quarterly Audit Committee materials.
- Manage the Company’s SOX compliance efforts including maintaining the internal control documentation, implementing new controls as necessary and managing the Company’s external SOX consultants including the coordination of testing and review of the related work papers.
- Lead the Company in its transition from SOX 404a to 404b compliance.
- Active role in updating/implementing accounting policies and procedures to respond to changes within the Company and industry, SEC/GAAP regulations and SOX 404 requirements.
- Manage the external reporting function to ensure the accurate and timely filing of the Company’s SEC and other regulatory reporting requirements, including preparing the documents, managing the internal and external review of the documents and filing of the documents. Includes but not limited to Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and Section 16 Reporting, as well as the proxy statement.
- Manage preparation of the Company's stock-based compensation expense and EPS calculations.
- Prepare and manage tax provision requirements with external tax partner.
- Assist in coordination and review of federal and state tax returns.
- Other special projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in business, accounting, or related field.
- CPA license required.
- 10+ years’ of increasingly responsible accounting and reporting experience.
- 3+ years’ SEC reporting experience within a public company.
- 3+ years’ SOX 404 compliance experience, implementation experience a plus.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- High level of organization, attention to detail, aptitude for planning/managing deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality over all finance and accounting matters and information.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels of an organization, including the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills with ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas.
- Strong commitment to a team approach, and awareness of team and individual success dependencies.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability in exercising sound judgment and working independently with minimal supervision and/or guidance.
- Proactive problem solver presents problems and recommendations simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, highly driven, independent, and results-oriented.
- Experience with major ERP systems and associated planning and reporting tools.
- Minimum three years’ in a manufacturing environment, preferably medical device.