Software Test Engineer
The Software Test Engineer is part of the R&D team and focused on testability, robustness and performance of the product. They will have responsibility as an individual contributor in the testing of medical device software including the development of test automation at all levels including unit, subsystem, and integration automated testing for regression Test design. They will be involved in reviewing test strategy and supporting formal verification testing of the application software to ensure requirement coverage. The Software Test Engineer will provide support for the development of build automation, packaging and deployment tools to allow us to deploy and update application software. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software test development, test methodologies and test automation for native applications built QNX or Similar OS. Experience with medical device quality systems and design control will be a big positive. He or she will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and document test protocols for both manual and automated test cases.
- Execute test runs, interpret test results, and identify, document encountered defects and maintain records for later analysis.
- Work closely with the Software Development Team to plan, schedule, and improve development test processes.
- Work well in a collaborative team environment with other engineers, developers and end users with minimal supervision and ensure understanding and validation of business
- Testing medical devices and equipment in an FDA regulated environment.
- Perform validation and verification testing.
- Perform functional testing, ensure all systems are running according to necessary specifications and operate within regulations to ensure the production of quality products.
- Establish validation standards and develop testing protocols.
- Support software engineering tooling and initiatives related to testing automation, deployments, performance and regression testing.
The candidate will be responsible for applications that interact with the clinical user. securely communicate with cloud services and wireless devices (BT, NFC, WiFi, etc.), and interact with the real-time system controller. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field and 3+ years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, or a related field and 5+ years of experience.
- 5+ years in a software test engineer role performing testing of complex software.
- 3+ years developing and executing automated software test suites using commercially available test tooling.
- Experience working in a medical or any regulated industry.
- Familiarity with requirements-based testing.
- Experience with Linux, QNX or similar OS.
- Experience with common scripting languages (Shell / Bash, Python, etc.).
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git, TFS, Bitbucket).
- Familiarity with test, and issue tracking (e.g. Jira).
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products.
- Good communication skills, including experience writing technical documentation.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to learn and put into practice the good engineering development process, including FDA Guidance on Software Test Development.
Pulse Biosciences is a novel medical therapy company bringing to market its proprietary CellFX™ Nano-Pulse Stimulation™ (NPS™) platform. The Company’s CellFX NPS platform provides a novel, precise, non-thermal, treatment technology delivering nanosecond duration energy pulses that impact cells in treated tissue while sparing acellular tissue. NPS’s unique mechanism of action disrupts the functions of internal cell structures while maintaining the outer cell membrane initiating a cascade of events within the cell that results in regulated cell death. The novel characteristics of the Company’s NPS mechanism of action has the potential to significantly benefit patients across multiple medical applications, including dermatology, the Company’s first planned commercial application. In pre-clinical studies, NPS has demonstrated an ability to induce immunogenic cell death in several cancer cell lines. The Company believes its NPS platform may play a role in immuno-oncology as a focal tumor treatment that can initiate an adaptive immune response. More information can be found at www.pulsebiosciences.com.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. (PLSE, Nasdaq) corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, CA.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.