Sr. Director, Customer Service and Sales Administration
This position develops, organizes, and implements strategies and tactics required to support interactions with customers on product orders and inquiries, product service, and all related transactional processing. The position is required to develop and maintain the operational infrastructure necessary to meet corporate objectives and meet or exceed customer expectations. In doing this, the position will have extensive interaction with customers, Sales and Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing, and Product Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- The Senior Director of Customer Service has general responsibilities for planning, organizing, and implementing all activities related to distribution, tracking, and servicing of Pulse Biosciences products and technologies in worldwide markets. The position proactively develops and implements policies, systems, and processes that enhance the customer’s experience without compromise to internal business requirements or corporate goals and objectives.
The Senior Director of Customer Service has specific responsibilities of:
- Staffing and organizing the customer service functions of Pulse Biosciences in order to manage customer related transactional processes such as capital equipment and restocking orders, promotional programs, returned goods (RMA’s), and warranty and service programs, all in a highly effective and efficient manner.
- Development and maintenance of a comprehensive customer service policy that addresses customer order processes; product delivery lead times; contract and pricing administration; telephone, email, and website support; standard terms and conditions; warranty and service procedures; complaint tracking and follow-up; and other issues that may impact customer satisfaction.
- In conjunction with the Vice President and General Manager, coordinate major administrative tasks related to administrative services for the sales organization including initial setup of territory alignments and physician lists, development and implementation of systems to track progress against sales quota goals, and tracking of expenses and budgets.
- Analyze sales forecasts and production schedules in order to recognize potential backorders and proactively seek solutions and workarounds. When backorders do occur work closely with Sales and Manufacturing in order to manage the backlog and minimize customer down time.
- Coordinate operational activities with Regulatory and Quality Affairs in order to develop, implement, and manage customer service processes and procedures that comply with FDA and ISO 9000 requirements and with Pulse Biosciences Quality System.
- Work with management, IT, vendors, and key users to design, develop and implement business systems and related infrastructure that supports corporate objectives and ensures data integrity as it relates to customer transactions, prospect and customer database records, sales reporting, and sales force territory alignments.
- Establish, track, and report key metrics relative to customer transactional processes. Ensure proper systems are in place to recognize and address deficiencies, and that methodologies exist than enable continuous improvement.
Other Responsibilities and Duties:
- The Senior Director of Customer Service and Sales Administration assumes a support role in providing equipment for implementation of clinical and scientific studies needed for regulatory approvals or commercial goal achievement.
- The Senior Director of Customer Service and Sales Administration assumes a support role in the design and implementation of physician and sales representative training programs as it relates to sales transactions, warranties, and service.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires a minimum of an undergraduate degree, with a preference for an MBA or equivalent advanced business training or experience.
- Strong collaboration, team building, and personnel development skills.
- The flexibility to manage and operate a very small department initially, and develop grow department into a larger, more formal service and support organization over time in order to meet the requirements of the business as the company grows.
- Experience in the selling and servicing of medical products or services to physicians and other health care providers and distributors.
- Experience in managing a departmental budget function, employee supervision within the customer service department, and hands-on sales force interaction.
Pulse Biosciences is a novel medical therapy company bringing to market its proprietary CellFX™ Nano-Pulse Stimulation™ (NPS™) platform. The Company’s CellFX NPS platform provides a novel, precise, non-thermal, treatment technology delivering nanosecond duration energy pulses that impact cells in treated tissue while sparing acellular tissue. NPS’s unique mechanism of action disrupts the functions of internal cell structures while maintaining the outer cell membrane initiating a cascade of events within the cell that results in regulated cell death. The novel characteristics of the Company’s NPS mechanism of action has the potential to significantly benefit patients across multiple medical applications, including dermatology, the Company’s first planned commercial application. In pre-clinical studies, NPS has demonstrated an ability to induce immunogenic cell death in several cancer cell lines. The Company believes its NPS platform may play a role in immuno-oncology as a focal tumor treatment that can initiate an adaptive immune response. More information can be found at www.pulsebiosciences.com.
Pulse Biosciences, Inc. (PLSE, Nasdaq) corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, CA.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.